Friday, November 5, 2010

My new goal!

I did not end up doing a run on my birthday. I spent that weekend out at the lake with family and friends, instead. The next Saturday, I did the Peace to Meece and finished! My profile picture is me running that race. Since then I did the labor day run in Kinmundy, the Heartland 5k in Effingham, the Altamont Scheutzenfest 5k, the Soar Like Eagles run in Mattoon, the Stew-Stras 5k, and the Ballard Trail run between Effingham and Altamont. I have 2 more runs scheduled this year, the Turkey Trot in Effingham and the Run for Kaitlyn, also in Effingham. Running is going well and I set a goal for next year to try to run the 1/2 marathon in Champaign at the Illinois Marathon.. I have 25 weeks from tomorrow to train and that will be what this blog is about until then. Right now, I'm running 2, 3 mile runs a week, plus a 4 mile week. I plan on continuing the 2, 3 mile runs and increasing the other run by a mile or so, every 3rd week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment